Category Archives: Ninjas
1) What was the hardest part of writing your book?most Matched is the first book in the Almost Bad Boys series. Because of that, this particular book might have present more challenges than all the next installments will, because of a whole aspect of the story and character development. That being said, I expect the next books in the series bring their own set of demands, like keeping in par with Almost Matched as far as staying true to the voice from book one, developing good conflict, throwing compelling trials at the protagonists, and his/her personal growth based on overcoming those challenges.
2) What were the challenges (research, literary, psychological, and logistical) in bringing it to life?
Finding large blocks of time to write with no distractions and interruptions was probably the biggest challenge. Although, I think I did pretty good, since it took me only four months from the moment when the idea of the plot blossomed in my head until the completion of the second draft.
3) Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?
I have been writing since my childhood. There were always new stories that needed to be told.
4) How much of the book is realistic?
The whole book might be considered realistic, although most of it, including the characters, is the product of my imagination.
5) Do you have a specific writing style?
I don’t consider having just one specific writing style. My voice changes, depending on the story and the characters. My Young Adult paranormal/urban fantasy series the Forged is written in a different style than my upcoming New Adult contemporary romantic comedy series.
6) How did you come up with the title?
Coming up with a compelling title is always difficult for me. I’ve had several of them in mind for Almost Matched. But I knew I wanted something with word “matched” in it, since my female protagonist owns a boutique-style matching company.
7) If you were attending a Halloween party, what would your costume be and why?
Definitely nothing scary, bloody etc. I like all kinds of Halloween costumes for myself as long as they are feminine and sexy, but not too revealing. A dark, mysterious, and elegant witch maybe? Or Cat Woman from Batman (*chuckles*)
8) If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be…
Hard-working. Funny. Positive.
9) If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go and why?
Taj Mahal. I’m infatuated with old architecture. I would like to see Taj Mahal before its amazing glory is gone forever.
10) What takes you out of your comfort zone?
Self-centered, unpleasant people.
11) Sitting alone in a big field, looking at stars, what do you think/feel?
Is someone sitting in a big field, looking at the stars on some planet in a galaxy far far away right at this very moment?
Thank you for interviewing me! ☺
A. O. Peart